The Government of Ireland Scholarship Programs are an established national initiative, funded by the Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science, and managed by the Irish Research Council.
The Government of Ireland Scholarship Programs consist of two sub-programs: the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Program and the Government of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowship Program.
These programs support suitably qualified research master’s, doctoral and postdoctoral candidates pursuing, or intending to pursue, full-time research in any discipline.
The Government of Ireland Scholarship Programs are highly competitive, with an average success rate of 18% over the past five years. As a Successful awardee under these programs, you are recognized as demonstrating world-class potential as a future research leader.
THE GOVERNMENT OF IRELAND SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMS IN NUTSHELL
LEVEL: Master’s, doctorate and postdoctoral research.
DEADLINE: 21 October 2021.
FUNDING: Fully Funded.
DURATION: Duration of the applicant’s research project.
OPEN TO: All countries.
HOSTING COUNTRY: Ireland.
WHAT THE GOVERNMENT OF IRELAND SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMS OFFER
Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Program:
- The duration ranges from one to four years.
- A stipend of €18,500 each year;
- A contribution to fees, including non-EU fees, up to a maximum of €5,750 every year; and
- Eligible direct research expenses of €3,250 each year.
- There is no age limit.
Government of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowship Program:
- Can be either one or two years in duration.
- A salary of €38,632 in the first year and €39,186 in the second year.
- Employer’s PRSI contribution.
- Eligible direct research expenses of €5,000 per year.
- There is no age limit.
ELIGIBILITY FOR THE GOVERNMENT OF IRELAND SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMS
To be eligible, you must :
- Have a first class or upper second-class honors bachelor’s, or the equivalent, degree (equal or above 60% in the percentage scale, equal or above B in the international scale).
All nationalities are eligible.
ELIGIBLE RESEARCH AREA
You are required to select a primary area from the following defined list:
- Biological Sciences;
- Computer Science;
- Earth and Environmental Sciences;
- Study of the Human Past;
- Cultures and Cultural Production;
- Individuals, Institutions, Markets, Values, Behavior the Mind and Environment;
Under each primary area, there is a defined list of disciplines to select from. Applications can be made in any discipline. Please consult this document for further descriptions of the primary areas, disciplines, and other research areas covered.
ELIGIBLE INSTITUTIONS AND RESEARCH ORGANIZATIONS
To be eligible for the Government of Ireland Scholarship Programs, you must be pursuing, or intending to pursue, full-time research at one of these institutions or research Organizations:
- Athlone Institute of Technology
- Coláiste Mhuire Marino
- Dublin City University
- Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies
- Dublin Dental Hospital
- Dundalk Institute of Technology
- Dún Laoghaire Institute of Art, Design & Technology
- Galway–Mayo Institute of Technology
- Institute of Technology, Carlow
- Institute of Technology, Sligo
- Letterkenny Institute of Technology
- Limerick Institute of Technology
- Mary Immaculate College, Limerick
- Maynooth University
- Munster Technological University
- National College of Ireland
- National University of Ireland, Galway
- RCSI University of Medicine and Health Sciences
- Royal Irish Academy
- Royal Irish Academy of Music
- Technological University Dublin
- University College Cork
- University College Dublin
- University of Dublin, Trinity College
- University of Limerick
- Waterford Institute of Technology
- Economic & Social Research Institute
- The Discovery Programme
- Marine Institute
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE GOVERNMENT OF IRELAND SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMS
All participants must create and submit their forms via the online system:
- To register as an applicant on the online system for the first time, click here and complete the applicant registration form as prompted.
- Once you have filled in the required details, click ‘submit’ at the bottom of the registration page. A confirmation email will automatically be sent to the email address you have provided. This email confirms that you have successfully registered for the online system and will issue you with a username and password.
- Once you have received your username and password, you should access the online system here using the login details provided.
- Follow the steps, and start creating your application.
Call open16:00 (Irish time) 2 September 2021Applicant deadline16:00 (Irish time) 21 October 2021Call outcomeEnd of March 2022Award start date1 September 2022
You should contact the research office in your proposed institution (the list of institutions above), which will provide information and clarification on the call.
For a successful application, please do read carefully all the document provided in the official website (Application Guide, Call for Application, Terms and Conditions…).
Check these opportunities too:
Entrance Scholarships in Canada Public Universities
List of Available Governments Scholarship Programs
McCall MacBain Scholarships at McGill University in Canada
Marshall Scholarships to study in UK for US students | Fully Funded
APPLY CALL FOR APPLICATION : POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM CALL FOR APPLICATION : POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM OFFICIAL WEBSITEFellowshipIrelandPostdoctoralPostgraduateLinkedInPinterestMessengerWhatsAppShare via EmailPrintLeave a Replyhttps://www.mastere.tn/en/scholarships-to-study-medicine-or-dentistry-in-canada/?tie-ajax-post=1https://www.mastere.tn/en/governments-scholarship-programs/?tie-ajax-post=1https://www.mastere.tn/en/entrance-scholarships-in-canada-complete-list/?tie-ajax-post=1Made with in Canada
© Copyright Mastere.tn. All rights reserved, 2021.
THE COMPLETE SCHOLARSHIPS LIST TO STUDY MEDICINE OR DENTISTRY IN CANADA
This post is also available in: Français
Studying in Canada is not affordable for everyone, let alone if we say you want to study medicine. The Medical degrees in Canada are for 3 to 5 years, and you are required to have a bachelor’s degree before enrolling into medical universities in Canada.
If you have no background in Science, then the duration of the course will be 5 years. If you have a bachelor’s degree in any field related to biology, then your courses’ duration would be 4 years.
An MD (Medical Degree) in Canada is an internationally accepted degree. You can practice medicine wherever you want in the world, even in the USA. The after-school opportunities for those with MD degree in Canada are very lucrative.
To pursue an MD course in Canada, you need to have an undergraduate degree.
Here is a full list of scholarships to study Medicine or Dentistry in Canada, as a Canadian, permanent resident or an international student :
1. ALBERTA’S FACULTY OF MEDICINE AND DENTISTRY
The Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry at University of Alberta is located in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Established in 1913, it is one of the oldest medical schools in Western Canada and is composed of 21 departments, two stand-alone divisions, 9 research groups, and 24 research centers and institutes.
2. CALGARY’S CUMMING SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
The University of Calgary Faculty of Medicine is one of two medical schools in Alberta. The Cumming School of Medicine is Canada’s research leader in brain and mental health, chronic diseases, and cardiovascular sciences.
3. BRITISH COLUMBIA’S FACULTY OF MEDICINE
Ranked among the world’s top medical schools with the fifth-largest MD enrollment in North America, the UBC Faculty of Medicine is a leader in both the science and the practice of medicine.
Across British Columbia, more than 12,000 faculty and staff are training the next generation of doctors and health care professionals, making remarkable discoveries, and helping to create the pathways to better health for our communities at home and around the world.
4. MANITOBA’S MAX RADY COLLEGE OF MEDICINE
Established in 1883 as Western Canada’s first medical school, Max Rady College of Medicine has a rich history of discovery, scholarship, clinician service and community engagement. Its place as Manitoba’s only medical school mandates great responsibility and expectation to serve the health-care needs of communities across the province.
Max Rady College Of Medicine scholarships list (choose Medical Health Sciences as category)
5. NEWFOUNDLAND’S FACULTY OF MEDICINE
The faculty offers postgraduate training programs in anatomical pathology; anesthesia; diagnostic radiology; general surgery; internal medicine and subspecialties medical oncology and nephrology; neurology; obstetrics/gynecology; orthopedic surgery; pediatrics; psychiatry; and family medicine with enhanced skills in emergency medicine.
Newfoundland Faculty Of Medicine scholarships list (in the “Field of Study” section, choose “Faculty of Medicine”)
6. DALHOUSIE’S FACULTY OF MEDICINE
Dalhousie Medical School teaches scientific excellence and humanity in medicine, facilitates leading health research, influences social and health policy, and helps drive the regional economy.
7. MCMASTER’S MICHAEL G. DEGROOTE SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
The School of Medicine, established in 1966 and renamed the Michael G. DeGroote School of Medicine in 2004, offers major programs in undergraduate, postgraduate and graduate medical education.
The three-year program in Medicine uses a problem-based approach to learning that should apply throughout the physician’s career. The components have been organized in sequential blocks with early exposure to patients and case management. The academic program operates on an 11 months-a-year basis and students qualify for the MD degree at the end of the third academic year.
Michael G. DeGroote School of Medicine scholarships list (section “Financial Aid Sources”)
8. NORTHERN ONTARIO SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
The Northern Ontario School of Medicine (NOSM) is an award-winning socially accountable medical school renowned for its innovative model of distributed, community-engaged education and research. With a focus on diversity, inclusion, and advocacy for health equity, NOSM relies on the commitment and expertise of the peoples and communities of Northern Ontario to educate health-care professionals to practise in Indigenous, Francophone, rural, remote and underserved communities.
9. QUEEN’S MEDICAL SCHOOL
The Queen’s School of Medicine is a unit of the Faculty of Health Sciences at Queen’s University at Kingston responsible for research, as well as undergraduate and graduate education in Medicine. The educational program leading to the MD degree is central to the purpose of the faculty.
10. SCHULICH SCHOOL OF MEDICINE AND DENTISTRY
The Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry at Western University has a long tradition of excellence, beginning with the founding of the medical school in 1881 and continuing with the formation of the dental school in 1964.
Today, Schulich Medicine & Dentistry is a leading Canadian center of outstanding education and research shaping health care for the next generation.
11. OTTAWA FACULTY OF MEDICINE
As the first and largest bilingual faculty of medicine in Canada, The Ottawa Faculty of Medicine offers a competitive education in a dynamic learning environment.
You will have access to state-of-the art facilities and specialized institutions as you learn alongside world-class physicians and scientists. It is a national leader in medical education and research intensity, and rank among the top faculties of medicine in the world for clinical medicine, public health, and research impact.
12. TORONTO’S TEMERTY FACULTY OF MEDICINE
The Temerty Faculty of Medicine at the University of Toronto is at the center of North America’s largest biomedical research, education and clinical care networks. With nine fully affiliated research-intensive hospitals – and dozens of community and clinical care sites – Temerty Medicine offers unparalleled opportunities in Canada’s most dynamic city for our more than 9,000 faculty and staff and 7,000 learners at all levels.
13. LAVAL’S FACULTY OF MEDICINE
The Faculté de médecine is one of four medical schools in Quebec. The faculty is part of the Université Laval and is located in Quebec City.
14. MCGILL FACULTY OF MEDICINE
McGill is one of the top medical schools in North America and enjoys an international reputation for excellence in teaching, clinical training and research. In addition to its undergraduate MDCM medical degree, the McGill Faculty of Medicine offers a joint program for a combined MD-PhD degree.
15. MONTRÉAL’S FACULTY OF MEDICINE
A world-renowned institution, a leader in research, the Faculty of Medicine offers one of the widest choices of health training in Canada.
16. SHERBROOKE’S FACULTY OF MEDICINE AND HEALTH SCIENCES
The Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences (FMSS) of the University of Sherbrooke stands out for its exceptional work and study environment. Integrating from its inception a faculty of medicine and a university hospital in one place, it now offers more than 100 study programs in Sherbrooke, Longueuil, Saguenay and Moncton, aligned with the needs of the communities in which it operates.
17. SASKATCHEWAN’S COLLEGE OF MEDICINE
The College of Medicine at the University of Saskatchewan serves the people of Saskatchewan by producing outstanding clinical practitioners, generating new knowledge and facilitating improved patient outcomes.