Find full text of communique issued on Thursday, September 30, 2021
COMMUNIQUE AT THE END OF THE PDP ZONING COMMITTEE MEETINGS HELD IN ENUGU AND ABUJA, ISSUED ON SEPTEMBER 30, 2021.
At the end of the deliberations of the PDP National Zoning Committee , it was resolved as follows:
- The National Zoning Committee of the PDP was given the mandate to zone National offices to be contested by all PDP Members of the Party at the PDP National Convention of the Party scheduled for October 30/31 2021 by the National Executive Committee of the Party.
- That the mandate of the Committee does not include Zoning of the offices of the President, Vice President and other Executive and Legislative offices of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. And the decision of the Committee to zone the Party offices does not in any way affect the executive and legislative offices in Nigeria.
- That zoning of offices on PDP has traditionally been between the North and South of Nigeria.
3.The decision of the PDP Zoning Committee is in line with the Constitution of the Party on Zoning and rotation of Party and national offices in the interest of justice, equity and fairness. Consequently, the current offices being held by officers in the Southern Zones of the country, namely, South West, South East and South South zones , should swap places with the offices currently in the northern zones of Nigeria, namely, North West, North East and North Central zones.
- We want to thank the Party, especially the National Executive Committee that set up this Committee on September 9, 2021 for finding us worthy to serve the Party in the capacity as Zoning Committee members.
5 We shall pass on our recommendations to the National Executive Committee of the Party through the National Working Committee of the Party.
H.E. Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi (Chairman)
H.E. Governor Samuel Ortom (Deputy Chairman)
H.E Mahdi Aliyu Mohammed
- Job Racketeering At NECO: Police Nab Couple, 3 Others
- More Implementation Strategies On The Way-UBEC
- TETFund Raises Alarm Over Fake Allocation To Institutions
- Insecurity in Nigeria: TRCN Suspends PQE in Sokoto, Zamfara
- African Varsities Charged To Deepen Digital Awareness, As NigeriaDevelopes Blueprint For Revitalising Education