President Muhammadu Buhari has assented to the Agricultural Research Council of Nigeria (Amendment) Bill 2021 as part of efforts to diversify the economy with agriculture playing a critical role.
With the amendment, the Council is expected to play a crucial part in coordinating research efforts in the agricultural sector towards achieving food sufficiency and security in the nation.
A statement issued by the senior special assistant to the president on media and publicity garba shehu Garba shehu On Friday said thePresident, assented to the bills before his visit to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
The statement added that the President also approved the establishment of the Federal College of Agriculture, Kirikasamma and the Federal College of Education (Special) Birnin Kudu.
- 🔔Global Week For Care Workers
- 🔔Missing Journalist: NUJ Tasks Security Agencies On Resue
- 🔔Supreme Court Returns Banker Soludo As APGA Candidate in Nov.6 Anambra Election
- 🔔Ibrahim Abdullahi is New President Of NULGE FCT Chapter, Promises To Pursue LG Autonomy with HQ.
- 🔔Alleged Brutality And Extortion: Police Hq Condemns Assault On Traveller in Kogi days After One year #EndSARS Protest Anniversary (video)