President Muhammadu Buhari has assented to the Agricultural Research Council of Nigeria (Amendment) Bill 2021 as part of efforts to diversify the economy with agriculture playing a critical role.
With the amendment, the Council is expected to play a crucial part in coordinating research efforts in the agricultural sector towards achieving food sufficiency and security in the nation.
A statement issued by the senior special assistant to the president on media and publicity garba shehu Garba shehu On Friday said thePresident, assented to the bills before his visit to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
The statement added that the President also approved the establishment of the Federal College of Agriculture, Kirikasamma and the Federal College of Education (Special) Birnin Kudu.
- 🔔Dec. 1 Deeadline For Covid-19 Vaccine: NCSU Kicks As Civil Servants Are Sent Home For Non-Compliance As Nigeria Records OMICRON Cases
- 🔔EndSARS activist/comedian MC Macaroni and Musician Falz reject Governor Sanwoolu’s invitation to peace walk
- 🔔ILLEGAL JOB ENTITLEMENT: ICPC Accuses Ngige, As Senators Log heads Over Army Recruitment
- 🔔Tor Tiv Lauds President Buhari Over Industrial Harmony in Nigerian Universities
- 🔔Police DPO Kidnapped in Nigeria’s State Of Edo