President Muhammadu Buhari has assented to the Agricultural Research Council of Nigeria (Amendment) Bill 2021 as part of efforts to diversify the economy with agriculture playing a critical role.
With the amendment, the Council is expected to play a crucial part in coordinating research efforts in the agricultural sector towards achieving food sufficiency and security in the nation.
A statement issued by the senior special assistant to the president on media and publicity garba shehu Garba shehu On Friday said thePresident, assented to the bills before his visit to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
The statement added that the President also approved the establishment of the Federal College of Agriculture, Kirikasamma and the Federal College of Education (Special) Birnin Kudu.
- COEASU Says Litigation Against ASUU, Counterproductive, Asks FG To Be Ready To Also Take It To Court
- JAMB Conducts Supplimentary Exam For 67 Candidates
- Popular Nigerian Comedian Dares Philanthropy, Gives Back To Former School
- Organ Harvesting Allegation: Ekwerenmadu’s Daughter Sends SOS For Kidney Donation
- Shock As 7 Police Aides Attached To A Nigerian Federal Lawmaker Are Attacked, Killed(video)