Kogi State Police Command is opening investigations into a video which has gone viral, where a Police personnel attached to Adogo Division on patrol along Adogo-Okene road,allegedly demanded the sum of Twenty-Five Thousand Naira from a traveler, after another was brutalised and assaulted by one other officer.
Kogi State commissioner of Police Command, Idrisu Dauda Dabban, while condemning the incident, noted that the Police officers have been identified and detained at the State Criminal Investigations Department.
The Police named the officers as ASP Isah Barnabas, Inspector Ifediegwu Godwin, Sargent Emmanuel Ochima and Corporal Umameh Mathias who physically assaulted one of the travelers.
According to the kogi Police command, the Assistant Superintendent of Police has been issued an official query while the three other junior officers are currently undergoing orderly room trial.
The Police enjoined the victims to reach out to the Command thorough 08107899269, while assuring that any of the officers found wanting in the investigations would be dealt with accordingly.
Meanwhile the force headquaters has reacted to the development.
Find a press release from the force headquatres with Ref No. CZ.5300/FPRD/FHQ/ABJ/VOL.4/49
ATTACHED TRENDING VIDEO: IGP ORDERS INVESTIGATIONS
The Inspector General of Police, IGP Usman Alkali Baba, psc (+), NPM, fdc has ordered the Commissioner of Police, Kogi State Command to immediately carry out discrete investigations into the incident depicted in the attached trending video from a location believed to be in Kogi State.
The IGP calls for calm, noting that at the end of the investigations, justice will be done to the victim of the incident and police personnel found guilty, brought to book.
CP FRANK MBA
FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
16th October, 2021
- 🔔Dec. 1 Deeadline For Covid-19 Vaccine: NCSU Kicks As Civil Servants Are Sent Home For Non-Compliance As Nigeria Records OMICRON Cases
- 🔔EndSARS activist/comedian MC Macaroni and Musician Falz reject Governor Sanwoolu’s invitation to peace walk
- 🔔ILLEGAL JOB ENTITLEMENT: ICPC Accuses Ngige, As Senators Log heads Over Army Recruitment
- 🔔Tor Tiv Lauds President Buhari Over Industrial Harmony in Nigerian Universities
- 🔔Police DPO Kidnapped in Nigeria’s State Of Edo