…NUJ Urges Decisive Action In Locating “Missing” Journalist
The Nigeria Union of Journalists, FCT Council, has tasked security agencies in the nation’s capital, Abuja, to be decisive in locating Tordue Salem, a journalist.
with Vanguard Newspapers, Tordue Salem, who went missing on last week.
In a statement by FCT Council Chairman, Emmanuel Ogbeche, The NUJ says Salem who reports activities of the House of Representatives, has not been seen, heard from or reached since Wednesday, October 13.
The NUJ Notes that The Benue State Born-journalist of Tiv ethnic group was reported sighted on the evening on the day he was last seen after which he seemed to have disappeared.
The NUJ FCT is tasking the police and DSS to unravel the mystery surrounding Salem’s sudden disappearance.
The statement adds that Journalists in Abuja have been on the edge in the past few days over the mysterious disappearance of a colleague and friend.
NUJ Says It is worrying that an adult will simply varnish into thin air without a trace adding that it is unacceptable, while urging the police and DSS to rise up to the occasion and provide answers to what it calls troubling situation.
- Insecurity in Nigeria: TRCN Suspends PQE in Sokoto, Zamfara
- African Varsities Charged To Deepen Digital Awareness, As NigeriaDevelopes Blueprint For Revitalising Education
- Don’t Condone Erring Contractors, Sanction Them…TETFund Tells institutions
- Blasphemy: Killing Of Female Christian Student By Mob in North West Nigeria, Sparks Nationwide Condemnation
- TRCN seeks Regulatory Status, Wants NASS Review Establishment laws