…also 22 kidnapped Persons regain freedom in Kaduna…
- 🔔Dec. 1 Deeadline For Covid-19 Vaccine: NCSU Kicks As Civil Servants Are Sent Home For Non-Compliance As Nigeria Records OMICRON Cases
- 🔔EndSARS activist/comedian MC Macaroni and Musician Falz reject Governor Sanwoolu’s invitation to peace walk
- 🔔ILLEGAL JOB ENTITLEMENT: ICPC Accuses Ngige, As Senators Log heads Over Army Recruitment
- 🔔Tor Tiv Lauds President Buhari Over Industrial Harmony in Nigerian Universities
- 🔔Police DPO Kidnapped in Nigeria’s State Of Edo
Kebbi State Government in North-West Nigeria has confirmed the release of 27 students abducted from the Federal Government College Birnin Yauri in Ngaski Local Government Area in June 2021.
This is contained in a statement after the students including two female and 25 male along with three staff of the school were received behind closed doors by Governor Atiku Bagudu at the Government House in Birnin Kebbi.
Journalists who waited for the arrival of the students in the state capital days after they were rumoured to have been released were however prevented from covering the reception.
Media aide to the Governor, Yahya Sarki who signed the statement said
efforts are still continuing to secure the release of the remaining 58 students and 2 staff of the school still in captivity of bandits.
The 30 victims who regained their freedom are to undergo medical screening and support while being reunited with their families and loved ones.
It will be recalled that 90 persons including 85 students and 5 staff were abducted from the Federal Government College Birnin Yauri by bandits 123 days ago.
FGC Birnin Yauri has remained closed since the abduction incident
In a related development and in the early hours of Thursday, bandits attack Ungwan Laka village in the Chikun local government area of Kaduna State
Residents confirm to newsmen that the armed men killed 3 persons and abducted 3 teenagers.
In another development, 22 kidnapped persons at Ungwan Sauri-Karatudu which recently came under attack have reportedly regained their freedom after paying Ramson to the bandits.