…also 22 kidnapped Persons regain freedom in Kaduna…
- African Varsities Charged To Deepen Digital Awareness, As NigeriaDevelopes Blueprint For Revitalising Education
- Don’t Condone Erring Contractors, Sanction Them…TETFund Tells institutions
- Blasphemy: Killing Of Female Christian Student By Mob in North West Nigeria, Sparks Nationwide Condemnation
- TRCN seeks Regulatory Status, Wants NASS Review Establishment laws
- COEASU Issues 21-Day Strike Notice To Nigerian Govt.
Kebbi State Government in North-West Nigeria has confirmed the release of 27 students abducted from the Federal Government College Birnin Yauri in Ngaski Local Government Area in June 2021.
This is contained in a statement after the students including two female and 25 male along with three staff of the school were received behind closed doors by Governor Atiku Bagudu at the Government House in Birnin Kebbi.
Journalists who waited for the arrival of the students in the state capital days after they were rumoured to have been released were however prevented from covering the reception.
Media aide to the Governor, Yahya Sarki who signed the statement said
efforts are still continuing to secure the release of the remaining 58 students and 2 staff of the school still in captivity of bandits.
The 30 victims who regained their freedom are to undergo medical screening and support while being reunited with their families and loved ones.
It will be recalled that 90 persons including 85 students and 5 staff were abducted from the Federal Government College Birnin Yauri by bandits 123 days ago.
FGC Birnin Yauri has remained closed since the abduction incident
In a related development and in the early hours of Thursday, bandits attack Ungwan Laka village in the Chikun local government area of Kaduna State
Residents confirm to newsmen that the armed men killed 3 persons and abducted 3 teenagers.
In another development, 22 kidnapped persons at Ungwan Sauri-Karatudu which recently came under attack have reportedly regained their freedom after paying Ramson to the bandits.