The National Health Insurance Scheme has introduced a new platform called ‘Giftship’ to enable Nigerians who are not in the government or private sector payroll access to the Health Insurance Scheme.
The Executive Secretary of the NHIS Professor Mohammed Nasir Sambo who made this disclosure after the agency’s budget defence in the House of Representatives explained that philanthropists and well meaning Nigerians can take advantage of the platform to enroll less privileged people in the society who don’t have access to quality healthcare.
The programme according to him has also been tied to constituency projects of members of the national assembly through private funding to cover patients in their various constituencies.
The breakdown of the package shows that 15 million naira can cover over one thousand people in a community while 30 million naira covers about two thousand people respectively.
The agency noted that the new platform has the same package with the already existing one.
- 🔔Dec. 1 Deeadline For Covid-19 Vaccine: NCSU Kicks As Civil Servants Are Sent Home For Non-Compliance As Nigeria Records OMICRON Cases
- 🔔EndSARS activist/comedian MC Macaroni and Musician Falz reject Governor Sanwoolu’s invitation to peace walk
- 🔔ILLEGAL JOB ENTITLEMENT: ICPC Accuses Ngige, As Senators Log heads Over Army Recruitment
- 🔔Tor Tiv Lauds President Buhari Over Industrial Harmony in Nigerian Universities
- 🔔Police DPO Kidnapped in Nigeria’s State Of Edo