Nigerian Man Charged To Court For Sending “Good Morning Babe” To A Married Woman On WhatsApp
The police command in Ogun has filed criminal charges against a man, Sikiru Jamiu, at the Ijebu Ode magisterial district for addressing a married woman, Opeyemi Adegbesan as “babe” in a WhatsApp chat.
According to the case filed on October 20, Mr Jamiu, a resident of Ijebu Ode, committed the offence at 08:02 a.m. on September 19.
Mr Jamiu is accused of conduct likely to cause a breach of peace in Mrs Opeyemi’s marriage to her husband, Akintunde Adegbesan.
He risks one-month imprisonment under the state’s criminal code.
That you Sikiru Oluwaseun Jamiu ‘m’ on September 19, 2021, at about 8.02 a.m along Fidipote Street, opposite IBEDC office, Ijebu Ode in the Ijebu Ode Magisterial District did conduct yourself in a manner likely to cause a breach of the Peace in the marriage between one Akintunde Adegbesan ‘m’ and Opeyemi Adegbesan T by using the word ‘Good Morning Babe’ on WhatsApp no. 08059491562 and 08138868837. and thereby committed an offence contrary to and punishable under section 249(d) of the Criminal Code, Revised Laws of Ogun State of Nigeria, 2006,” a court document seen by Peoples Gazette said.
The section also stipulates that anyone who commits such an offence will be deemed idle and arrested without a warrant.
“Every person who, in any public place, conducts himself in a manner likely to cause a breach of the peace, shall be deemed idle and disorderly persons and may be arrested without warrant, and are guilty of a simple offence and liable to imprisonment for one month,” the section of code stated.
- 🔔Dec. 1 Deeadline For Covid-19 Vaccine: NCSU Kicks As Civil Servants Are Sent Home For Non-Compliance As Nigeria Records OMICRON Cases
- 🔔EndSARS activist/comedian MC Macaroni and Musician Falz reject Governor Sanwoolu’s invitation to peace walk
- 🔔ILLEGAL JOB ENTITLEMENT: ICPC Accuses Ngige, As Senators Log heads Over Army Recruitment
- 🔔Tor Tiv Lauds President Buhari Over Industrial Harmony in Nigerian Universities
- 🔔Police DPO Kidnapped in Nigeria’s State Of Edo