…demand adequate funding for Colleges of Education in Kwara State.
The Colleges of Education Academic Staff Union (COEASU) is threatening to embark on an industrial action in all the three Kwara State owned Colleges of Education over failure of the government to fund, which is part of the four point demand by the union.
Olusegun Lana, National Vice President Southwest Zone of COEASU at a press conference in Ilorin, Kwara State,decried the sorry state of infrastructure at the state owned, teacher training institutions in ilorin, Oro and Lafiagi.
COEASU Chairmen Olasinde Bilikis, COE, Ilorin, Isah Ibrahim, COE, Oro And Gborigi Katun, COE Technical, Lafiagi,while expressing their frustrations, say state and the federal government would not be allowed to destroy teacher training centres in the country through poor leadership, ant-developmental policies and neglect.
The Union says, proper investment in teacher education in Nigeria is strategic for resolving the present security and economic challenges confronting the nation.
- Insecurity in Nigeria: TRCN Suspends PQE in Sokoto, Zamfara
- African Varsities Charged To Deepen Digital Awareness, As NigeriaDevelopes Blueprint For Revitalising Education
- Don’t Condone Erring Contractors, Sanction Them…TETFund Tells institutions
- Blasphemy: Killing Of Female Christian Student By Mob in North West Nigeria, Sparks Nationwide Condemnation
- TRCN seeks Regulatory Status, Wants NASS Review Establishment laws