. . .says its an impunity taking too far.
The Supreme Court of Nigera has described the alleged unlawful invasion of Justice Mary Odili of the court by unknown security operatives as an impunity taking too far.
The Supreme Court in a statement by its Director of Press and Information, Akande Festus said that the attack was uncivilized and shameful show of primitive force on an innocent judicial officer.
The attack unfortunately depicted a gory picture of war by some armed persons suspected to be security operatives representing different agencies of government under the guise of undertaking a search whose warrant was questionable.
The apex court said it was taken aback by the uncivilized and shameful show of primitive force on an innocent judicial officer that has spent several years serving the country.
The court says the incident brought back, the ugly memory of the October 2016 midnight invasion of the homes of respected justices with no satisfactory explanations to the motive behind such actions.
The supreme court harped on the fact that the Nigerian Judiciary is the third arm of the government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and should be respected and treated as such.
Having commenced full-scale independent investigation to unravel the true masquerades behind the mystery, they are calling on the Inspector General of Police of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to rise up to the occasion by carrying out a discreet investigation and make his findings known to the Nigerian public with a view to bringing the perpetrators to justice as quickly as possible.
- COEASU Says Litigation Against ASUU, Counterproductive, Asks FG To Be Ready To Also Take It To Court
- JAMB Conducts Supplimentary Exam For 67 Candidates
- Popular Nigerian Comedian Dares Philanthropy, Gives Back To Former School
- Organ Harvesting Allegation: Ekwerenmadu’s Daughter Sends SOS For Kidney Donation
- Shock As 7 Police Aides Attached To A Nigerian Federal Lawmaker Are Attacked, Killed(video)