The police public relations officer of Federal Capital territory police command, Joseph Adeh has confirmed the safe release of six persons abducted from the University of Abuja, early hours of Tuesday, November 2, 2021.
Adeh in a text message to newsmen says no ransom was paid to secure their release of the six persons kidnapped on Tuesday at the University staff quarters.
The UNIABUJA head of media and publicity , Dr. Habeeb Yakoob says their is wild jubilation on campus following the safe release of the lecturers, non academic staff and their family members.
Habeeb said the trauma over the abduction was already affecting the psychology of staff, student and entire university community.
ASUU Chairman, Uniabuja chapter, Dr. Katsina Umaru while confirming the release commended the Joint security operatives.
Six persons including professor obasan and his child were abducted on Tuesday from their house in the uniabuja staff quarters located at Giri, gwagwalada in the FCT.
- COEASU Says Litigation Against ASUU, Counterproductive, Asks FG To Be Ready To Also Take It To Court
- JAMB Conducts Supplimentary Exam For 67 Candidates
- Popular Nigerian Comedian Dares Philanthropy, Gives Back To Former School
- Organ Harvesting Allegation: Ekwerenmadu’s Daughter Sends SOS For Kidney Donation
- Shock As 7 Police Aides Attached To A Nigerian Federal Lawmaker Are Attacked, Killed(video)