The Police in the federal capital territory have arrested Eight suspects in connection with the abduction of the six persons from the University of Abuja staff quarters in Girl area of Gwagwalada Area Council.
Josephine Adeh, Police Public Relations officer of the FCT police command, in a statement says the arrest was done in collaboration with other sister security agencies who uncovered the criminals hideout where they were engaged in a gun duel with the criminals.
The FCT PPRO says the security personnel over powered the criminals in the gun battle which led to the arrest of the eight suspects at their hideout at Shenegwu Forest in Gwagwalada area of the FCT and rescued all abducted victims unhurt.
Adeh says some other members of the gang have fled into the forest and nearby communities.
Meanwhile the Commissioner of Police FCT Babaji Sunday has called on residents particularly those around the Gwagwalada area of the FCT, to be vigilant and provide the Police with useful information that will lead to the arrest of the gang members still at large.
All the suspects will be charged to court on conclusion of the investigations.
Six persons were kidnapped by bandits from the University of Abuja staff quarters in Girl including a professor and his children and were later rescued on Friday 5 November 2021
- COEASU Says Litigation Against ASUU, Counterproductive, Asks FG To Be Ready To Also Take It To Court
- JAMB Conducts Supplimentary Exam For 67 Candidates
- Popular Nigerian Comedian Dares Philanthropy, Gives Back To Former School
- Organ Harvesting Allegation: Ekwerenmadu’s Daughter Sends SOS For Kidney Donation
- Shock As 7 Police Aides Attached To A Nigerian Federal Lawmaker Are Attacked, Killed(video)