President Muhammadu Buhari has urged world leaders and global health institutions to follow a regime of enabling access to the COVID-19 vaccines, admonishing that sidelining countries in terms of reach will undermine the entire effort for safety.
The President said, Thursday in Paris, France in his keynote statement at the Paris Peace Forum (PPF).
President Buhari said export restrictions that encourage needless hoarding of vaccines need to be lifted, while welcoming the pledges by industrialized countries to share vaccines.
The President said the pledges should be fulfilled in a timely manner, appreciating some countries, like France, that have donated vaccines to developing countries.
President Buhari, in a remark focused on “Lessons Learned from the Covid-19 Pandemic: The Importance of Coordination Among All Actors for Vaccine Delivery,” said the coordination for distribution had to be total and the objective had to be the same: to deliver vaccines to the world.
Quoting the World Health Organization, the President said even the planned COVAX deliveries to Africa had been cut by 25 per cent due to supply shortages and export bans.
The Nigerian leader thanked the President of the Paris Peace Forum, Mr. Pascal Lamy, for the invitation to share thoughts on the importance of coordination among all actors in the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic.
- 🔔Dec. 1 Deeadline For Covid-19 Vaccine: NCSU Kicks As Civil Servants Are Sent Home For Non-Compliance As Nigeria Records OMICRON Cases
- 🔔EndSARS activist/comedian MC Macaroni and Musician Falz reject Governor Sanwoolu’s invitation to peace walk
- 🔔ILLEGAL JOB ENTITLEMENT: ICPC Accuses Ngige, As Senators Log heads Over Army Recruitment
- 🔔Tor Tiv Lauds President Buhari Over Industrial Harmony in Nigerian Universities
- 🔔Police DPO Kidnapped in Nigeria’s State Of Edo