The Benue State Government, The Samuel Ortom Administrarion may have won the hearts of thousands of workers as he grants full financial autonomy to its Judicial and Legislative arms of government.
State Attorney General and commissionioner for Justice Michael Gusa made this known to newsmen in Makurdi the state capital when he unveiled the duly accented laws to provide for the management of funds accruing to the State judiciary and the other for the State house of assembly.
According to the State attorney General Michael Gusa both bills which have been duly accented to by the State Governor will strengthen democracy as well as separation of powers as provided for by the constitution as amended.
He says the State is in the process of gazetting the laws which will soon be made available to the public.
On May 22 2020 President Muhammadu Buhari signed into law the anti executive order granting fiscal autonomy to the legislature and judiciary across the 36 State’s of the Federation although some State’s kicked against it even approached the court to void it the Benue has chosen to comply.
- Insecurity in Nigeria: TRCN Suspends PQE in Sokoto, Zamfara
- African Varsities Charged To Deepen Digital Awareness, As NigeriaDevelopes Blueprint For Revitalising Education
- Don’t Condone Erring Contractors, Sanction Them…TETFund Tells institutions
- Blasphemy: Killing Of Female Christian Student By Mob in North West Nigeria, Sparks Nationwide Condemnation
- TRCN seeks Regulatory Status, Wants NASS Review Establishment laws