Rising insecurity in Northwedt Nigeria , with Banditry, kidnapping and demand for ransome has forced, Niger State Governor, Mohammed Sani Bello To ban the sale of motorcycles across the state.
Ahmad Matane, the Secretary to the State Government in a statement says the ban is part of the efforts to reduce the activities of criminal elements in the state.
The statement adds that the state government has directed security agencies to ensure strict enforcement.
Meanwhile, Gunmen have abducted twenty-two girls from Kurebe Community in Shiroro Local Government Area of Niger State.
The girls were abducted shortly after the community was invaded by the gunmen.
According to an eyewitness, the gunmen had earlier sent a message to the community to withdraw their children from school.
The group had attacked so many communities in Shiroro Local Government Area.
The Police Public Relations Officer, Deputy Superintendent Wasiu Abiodun, is yet to react to the development, at the time of filing this report.
- COEASU Says Litigation Against ASUU, Counterproductive, Asks FG To Be Ready To Also Take It To Court
- JAMB Conducts Supplimentary Exam For 67 Candidates
- Popular Nigerian Comedian Dares Philanthropy, Gives Back To Former School
- Organ Harvesting Allegation: Ekwerenmadu’s Daughter Sends SOS For Kidney Donation
- Shock As 7 Police Aides Attached To A Nigerian Federal Lawmaker Are Attacked, Killed(video)