Rising insecurity in Northwedt Nigeria , with Banditry, kidnapping and demand for ransome has forced, Niger State Governor, Mohammed Sani Bello To ban the sale of motorcycles across the state.
Ahmad Matane, the Secretary to the State Government in a statement says the ban is part of the efforts to reduce the activities of criminal elements in the state.
The statement adds that the state government has directed security agencies to ensure strict enforcement.
Meanwhile, Gunmen have abducted twenty-two girls from Kurebe Community in Shiroro Local Government Area of Niger State.
The girls were abducted shortly after the community was invaded by the gunmen.
According to an eyewitness, the gunmen had earlier sent a message to the community to withdraw their children from school.
The group had attacked so many communities in Shiroro Local Government Area.
The Police Public Relations Officer, Deputy Superintendent Wasiu Abiodun, is yet to react to the development, at the time of filing this report.
- 🔔Dec. 1 Deeadline For Covid-19 Vaccine: NCSU Kicks As Civil Servants Are Sent Home For Non-Compliance As Nigeria Records OMICRON Cases
- 🔔EndSARS activist/comedian MC Macaroni and Musician Falz reject Governor Sanwoolu’s invitation to peace walk
- 🔔ILLEGAL JOB ENTITLEMENT: ICPC Accuses Ngige, As Senators Log heads Over Army Recruitment
- 🔔Tor Tiv Lauds President Buhari Over Industrial Harmony in Nigerian Universities
- 🔔Police DPO Kidnapped in Nigeria’s State Of Edo