The FCT striking teachers have agreed to suspend their one day strike called by the Nigeria Union of Teachers ( NUT), FCT Council.
This was as a result of high power meeting between the official of the Federal Capital Territory Administration, led by the minister Musa Bello and the permanent secretary, Adesola Olusade to broker peace.
Speaking with journalists after the meeting, the Chairman, FCT NUT, Comrade Stephen Agbai Nabayi, said the NUT leadership would meet to discuss the resolutions at the meeting which the union delegate had with FCT officials, after which he said decision would be taken on the ongoing warning strike.
The Permanent secretary FCT, Adesola Olusade, who spoke with journalists after the meeting maintained that the issue of security raised by the teachers have been addressed extensively.
He added that the administration also gave the teachers assurance especially those of secondary school, that they will receive their outstanding allowances for 2017 and probably 2018 before the end of the year. He added that the 2016 allowance arrears have been paid, with assurance that the FCT Administration would meet the six area Councils Chairmen on the need to the outstanding entitlement of the teachers in the six area councils.
Some of the issues raised in the meeting includes, the security of teachers in FCT schools, the outstanding entitlement of the teachers in the six area councils, the 2016 to 2018 unpaid promotion arrears of secondary school teachers among other welfare matters.
- COEASU Says Litigation Against ASUU, Counterproductive, Asks FG To Be Ready To Also Take It To Court
- JAMB Conducts Supplimentary Exam For 67 Candidates
- Popular Nigerian Comedian Dares Philanthropy, Gives Back To Former School
- Organ Harvesting Allegation: Ekwerenmadu’s Daughter Sends SOS For Kidney Donation
- Shock As 7 Police Aides Attached To A Nigerian Federal Lawmaker Are Attacked, Killed(video)