Niger State Government has withdrawn all approvals granted to operators of Private Tertiary Education Institutions in the state.
In a statement by the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Tertiary Education, Dr Musa Sadeeq, the measure is aimed at checking the spate of contravention of stipulated rules and regulations, establishing private tertiary education institutions in the state.
The statement indicated that the state government has observed with dismay, the rate at which the tertiary education institutions chose to abuse the provisional approvals granted to them.
It further explained that all the state private tertiary education institutions must reapply for their establishment.
It maintained that the state government will ensure that already set standards for the institutions are strictly followed.
- COEASU Says Litigation Against ASUU, Counterproductive, Asks FG To Be Ready To Also Take It To Court
- JAMB Conducts Supplimentary Exam For 67 Candidates
- Popular Nigerian Comedian Dares Philanthropy, Gives Back To Former School
- Organ Harvesting Allegation: Ekwerenmadu’s Daughter Sends SOS For Kidney Donation
- Shock As 7 Police Aides Attached To A Nigerian Federal Lawmaker Are Attacked, Killed(video)