The Plateau State Police Command on Monday confirmed the abduction of bride, who was forcefully taken away by Gunmen few hours before her wedding at Ngyong community in Bokkos local government area of Plateau State, ofNorth Central Nigeria.
The bride, Farmat Paul, AIT learnt, was abducted on Monday at the residence of her pastor within the church premises
where she has gone to pass the night few hours to the wedding.
When contacted the State Police Public Relations Officer, ASP Gabriel Said the command is aware of the development and investigation is currently ongoing.
A community leader who witness the incident but does not want his name to be mention told AIT that the gunmen stormed the pastor’s house at about 5 :15 am and abducted only the bride, leaving the pastor and his family members unhurt.
The source further disclosed that those who carried out the act spoke in Fulani language throughout the operation which lasted for ten minutes, adding that the incident has been reported to the Divisional Police headquarters in the local government.
According to him, all arrangements and preparations for the wedding slated for today (Monday 3rd) have been put on hold while the groom is in a state of confusion.
The Groom Kosom Zaphaniah, who is yet to come to terms with the reality and his abducted bride had sent out invitation cards for their wedding ceremony expected to take place on Monday 3rd January 2022 at a church in Ngyong community at the local government before her forceful abduction.
- African Varsities Charged To Deepen Digital Awareness, As NigeriaDevelopes Blueprint For Revitalising Education
- Don’t Condone Erring Contractors, Sanction Them…TETFund Tells institutions
- Blasphemy: Killing Of Female Christian Student By Mob in North West Nigeria, Sparks Nationwide Condemnation
- TRCN seeks Regulatory Status, Wants NASS Review Establishment laws
- COEASU Issues 21-Day Strike Notice To Nigerian Govt.