As FG Supports Explicit Prosecution of killer of 5-Year old
The Registrar teachers registration Council of Nigeria in an exclusive interview with AIT News, Professor Ajoboye Olusegun confirms that it has carried out its own investigation and discovered that the said killer-teacher was not registered and never made an attempt to.
Professor Ajiboye commends the prompt reaction of the Kano state government to close down the school, but calls for a compulsory registration exercise of all teachers and schools, rather than a pronouncement revocating the licences of all private schools in the state.
Meanwhile, The Federal government of Nigeria says the kidnap and killing of 5-year old Hanifa Abubakar by her teacher and proprietor of her school is an assault on the entire teaching profession, which must not be allowed to happen again.
Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu in a statement applauds steps taken by the Kano state government to address the incident, but however says it is watching closely the development to ensure true justice is delivered.
Adama Adamu quarries further that if a child is not safe in the hands of his or her teacher, where else can the child be safe, despite governments effort to ensure safety of all Nigerian Children, whether in school or at home
- COEASU Says Litigation Against ASUU, Counterproductive, Asks FG To Be Ready To Also Take It To Court
- JAMB Conducts Supplimentary Exam For 67 Candidates
- Popular Nigerian Comedian Dares Philanthropy, Gives Back To Former School
- Organ Harvesting Allegation: Ekwerenmadu’s Daughter Sends SOS For Kidney Donation
- Shock As 7 Police Aides Attached To A Nigerian Federal Lawmaker Are Attacked, Killed(video)