“I am aware that am a mortal, I am not perfect. History will judge me one day, but until then all I ask for is your support.
I did not choose this path on my own. She imposed herself on me. God alone knows what He’s doing.
I will strive to get to the end, but if I die before reaching our goal, do continue the project without me and lay the groundwork for change with my blood and my flesh.No sacrifice is so much for this country.
I am not Thomas Sankara, nor Jerry Rawlings. I am Assimi Goïta. Remember me as a reformer not a revolutionary. Remember me as the bearer of hope to the people, the one who came when your blood was shed for your desire for change.
I will go to the end of my mission. I will never betray your trust.
Death doesn’t scare me, I saw it every day on the battlefield, it’s failure that scares me.
If death marries me on the way to our target, do not mourn me. Don’t make my grave a sanctuary. I did what I thought was right for my country. I did it for me but I did it for you too.
I am Assimi, the man who smiles every day with death.”
- Job Racketeering At NECO: Police Nab Couple, 3 Others
- More Implementation Strategies On The Way-UBEC
- TETFund Raises Alarm Over Fake Allocation To Institutions
- Insecurity in Nigeria: TRCN Suspends PQE in Sokoto, Zamfara
- African Varsities Charged To Deepen Digital Awareness, As NigeriaDevelopes Blueprint For Revitalising Education