The Academic Staff union of universities, ASUU has extended its rollover strike by another 12 weeks, over government’s failure to keep to agreements reached.
ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke confirmed the extention on Monday, when he was featured on Raypower FM Network political platform programme
Osodeke accused the minister of labour and employment for stopping ASUU members salaries, but approved payment for other unions in the university, who are also on strike.
He said ASUU is extending its action because government has refused to addressed its issues.
Last week the Minister of state for education, Emeka Nwajuiba said it does not make sense for lecturers to continue receiving salaries, without working.
- COEASU Says Litigation Against ASUU, Counterproductive, Asks FG To Be Ready To Also Take It To Court
- JAMB Conducts Supplimentary Exam For 67 Candidates
- Popular Nigerian Comedian Dares Philanthropy, Gives Back To Former School
- Organ Harvesting Allegation: Ekwerenmadu’s Daughter Sends SOS For Kidney Donation
- Shock As 7 Police Aides Attached To A Nigerian Federal Lawmaker Are Attacked, Killed(video)