The Academic Staff union of universities, ASUU has extended its rollover strike by another 12 weeks, over government’s failure to keep to agreements reached.
ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke confirmed the extention on Monday, when he was featured on Raypower FM Network political platform programme
Osodeke accused the minister of labour and employment for stopping ASUU members salaries, but approved payment for other unions in the university, who are also on strike.
He said ASUU is extending its action because government has refused to addressed its issues.
Last week the Minister of state for education, Emeka Nwajuiba said it does not make sense for lecturers to continue receiving salaries, without working.
- Job Racketeering At NECO: Police Nab Couple, 3 Others
- More Implementation Strategies On The Way-UBEC
- TETFund Raises Alarm Over Fake Allocation To Institutions
- Insecurity in Nigeria: TRCN Suspends PQE in Sokoto, Zamfara
- African Varsities Charged To Deepen Digital Awareness, As NigeriaDevelopes Blueprint For Revitalising Education