The Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) has once again warned the leading political parties to bury the thought of Christian/Christian or Muslim/Muslim presidential ticket in 2023. The body says it is a threat to the fragile peace and unity of Nigeria.
While congratulating the Presidential Candidates of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), the opposition People’s Democratic Party (PDP), the Labour Party (LP):Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar and Peter Obi respectively, including other parties that are participating in the forthcoming Presidential election.
CAN maintains that a balance of both religious practitioners should be considered in the choice of running mates adding that any party that tries same religion ticket will fail.
The Presidential runningmate for the APC presidential flag bearer, Asiwaju Ahmed Tinubu should be a Christian from the North, Atiku’s runningmate should be a Christian from the South while Obi should choose his own among the Muslims from the North. Anything contrary to the above means that the leadership of these political parties do not bother about the unity of this entity called Nigeria. Those who are planning Muslim/Muslim ticket should also find out what was the outcome of MKO Abiola and Kingibe ticket in 1993. If they try Muslim/Muslim ticket this time around, the outcome will be worse because our fault lines are very visible.
- NASU Questions Education Minister Over New 65 Years Teachers Retirement Age Circular
- Take Seriously Job Creation Opportunities in Agric-TETFund Boss Tells VCs
- TETFund Explains How N185Bn Was Spent On Training 35,000 Academic Staff Of Various Public Tertiary Institutions
- BREAKING…Ekweremadu Allegedly Arrested in London
- Conference Attendance: We have not Waived Sanctions On Erring Lecturers-TETFund